Our Wii has to go in for repairs 5 days before Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Wii has to go in for repairs 5 days before Christmas

So last Friday ChooChoo and I were playing Mario Kart and it seemed like it was having to do retries on the disk every once and a while.
    I figured I'd just get around to cleaning it sooner or later.
    Saturday, though, she tried to play it and it wouldn't read the disk at all. It was pretty scratched up.

So I called Nintendo to arrange to have the disk replaced as it was only 90 days old or there abouts.

As I was waiting on hold I looked closer at the disk and noticed that that the scratches were circular.
    ChooChoo takes pretty good care of her stuff. And these scratches looked like they had been made while the disk was spinning, as in INSIDE the machine.

So I told the tech when he got to my call about the scratches. He asked where they were and some other things and then said the machine had to come in for repairs.
    He was VERY familiar with the problem.
    "Repair" seems to mean: replace the machine and copy the game data and stuff from the old to the new unit.
    They are going to replace the disk too.

Apparently there is something that can work loose in Wiis and start scratching your disks.
    So, check your Wii disks for circular scratches on the outside 3/4 of an inch of the data surface every once and a while.

It's all postage paid and stuff, but ChooChoo has about 4 Wii games coming from Santa and we won't get the unit back for a couple of weeks. Sigh...

We could have gotten a replacement from WalMart because of the extended warranty we got with it, But ChooChoo didn't want to lose her Miis and game data.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Sooo...the worst problem would be DRM related?

On the bright side, you won't "waste" time during christmas playing some games

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
      On the bright side, you won't "waste" time during christmas playing some games
      Well, she's getting some more DS lite games too.
      Is there a way to hook that up to the TV?
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
      X