can't access multi session cdrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't access multi session cdrs

have just re installed win 98 and find that the option for choosing sessions on burnt cds is no longer there. i've tried everything i can think of (bugger all basically)and have run out of ideas, i need to get to info about abit be6 ata66 which is on 2nd session, can anyone help with this? as it's driving me nuts..

tuco.

See this thread: http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001000.html

RAB
    AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

RAB, and your point is??? I have a Asus CD-S400 and it won't read Multisession (is spec'd that it will), but my Asus CD-S340 will! Can you answer that?
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I know some cd writing software installs that sort of thing. Nero adds a "Volumes" tab to the properties dialog for selecting the session you want to use.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

thanks for replies, nero gave me back the option in volumes. that was driving me up the bloody wall, thank you thank you thank you.

tuco.

Comment

I am so smart, s-m-r-t
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Greebe,
              Sorry, I was a bit impulsive. I thought the other thread covered tuco's problem, but I guess it was different.
              RAB
              AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Andrew, got any ideas as to why I'm having this problem?
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Greebe
                  1. Could be defective
                  2. May need firmware upgrade

But then I expect you would have already checked that out.
                  When I was having problems with my Aopen CRW9420 (was actually a power supply problem)
                  I noticed a lot of complaints about missing features on aopen's newsgroups. The advice given was usually that the unit was defective and should be sent in for RMA replacement or that the problem had been fixed in a firmware upgrade.
                  [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                  Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                  Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                  Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                  Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

It won't read multisession discs at all, or just not past the first session? If it can read the first session, try installing nero. The volume selector thing will let you switch which session you want to access. If it cant read the disc at all, then I'd have to agree with Denty.

Comment

It must be defective then... that's what I've been thinking since Asus won't respond to any emails... shame they're not Matrox (

Comment

Working...
                      X