Selection Of Graphic Card For Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selection Of Graphic Card For Games

I have two V2 in SLI and a G400 max installed. During any game-play , how do I know what cards have the game selected to use ? If there are no indication of which selection of graphic card ?

OGL is most likely the dual voodooIIs. D3D as well. I have a utility, but do not remeber where to find it called 3dcc. It can redirect D3D between your primary display, 3dfx add-on and power VR (assuming you had all three)
    The default OpenGL would be your G400. You can change this by copying the 3DFX opengl32.dll to your game directory. Beware that different games have slightly different places to place these.
    The G400 has a special OpenGL called turbo. You can find this by going into Powerdesk from its tray icons and selecting Turbo GL manager. This utility for certain games will copy an opengl32.dll for the Turbo GL to the games directory if it is one that is supported.

P.S. If you have a G400 Max what would you need the Dual VoodooIIs for that is worth playing?

Doh! P.S. The Matrox Turbo GL is not designed to function with any 3DFX add on card installled. I do not know what the problem is, but it was mentioned in a text file somewhere.

Comment

I just realized I contradicted my self. The OGL is most likely using the G400.

Comment

I have the G400 32M Max DH with 2 Voodoo II 12M, PIII 550 and 384 M ram; the voodoo 2's still rule for glide; they're also a little brighter in some games (Rogue Spear). Think it has to do with the Open GL. I use the G400 for UT; runs awesome 1280X960 32 BIT.

WOW!

Comment

Working...
        X