Better question would be who isn't.

I'm not, and neither is my girlfriend.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Nor anyone else in our family.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'm not 15 years old....so I'm not....
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I have it - I check it maybe once a month. It seems creepy to me.
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Not I!
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Not only are we not on it, but it is blocked at our router so ChooChoo's older friends can't get to it from here.
                Myspace too.
                And a site called Gingermath dedicated to getting kids around blocks like that.
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

what's facebook?
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

On one hand Facebook, luckily, is far from popular here...so there wouldn't even be much of a point in having an account (that said, I think I have one made ~2 years ago to check something and never used afterwards...not sure)

On the other...we have a PL made equivalent, in similar style to practically all major web services here: direct knock-off of foreign idea, only with worse performance & UI, irritating ads, milking the cash-cow on every opportunity (to the point of forcing paymentsy for features which were free for a long time and federating with other, profit driven (directly) services which don't have much in common) and...they boast beeing innovative...

Well, TBH it was moderatelly decent before the surge in popularity, now it's mostly, on the surface (don't feel like digging deeper), gallery for showing ugly kids, spouses (often barely clothed, both of them) & homes, cars, party excesses, funeral/cemetary photos (the cemetery ones often showing barely clothed pinks next to the grave of a relative - no kidding here), collecting pokemones (the more people which you hated in the past/barely know is on your list, the better), sending chain-letters and flirting behind the back of your partner.

I guess such services follow common path... (otoh few people from the past found me this way, so, for the time beeing, profile stays; oh, and it's actually quite a good ego booster to see large part of your family/past schoolmates making idiots out of themselves)

PS. cjolley, by blocking Myspace one locks out quite a lot of good music bands sites, unfortunatelly... ("good music bands", not "good...sites" obviously...I hate the habit of having Myspace page as their main webpage, but that's just the reality... :/ )
                    Last edited by Nowhere; 20 December 2008, 20:57.

Comment

Sadly I'm on it, not through choice but for work reasons. IMO its a complete waste of time, but I'm connected with a 'social' business, and 'social networking' is important to them
                      FT.

Comment

Bumping this. PM me if anyone would like to add me. I think I found Tranformx on the facebook.

Comment

I'm now on it, but only for family purposes and only using my real name.
                          Dr. Mordrid
                          ----------------------------
                          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I finally caved to popular support (imagine ME being popular!) and started a Facebook account. But I rarely look at it nor do I have any personal info posted. I use it mainly to stay in touch with far-flung aquaintences.

Kevin

Comment

I'm there too, but never provide them with any detailed information and have my privacy setting maxed out. My clients and friends are there as well so I keep in touch.

My user name us Elie Zee just in case.

Comment

Working...
                              X