• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's The Beef??

Link....

Burger King launches beef-scented body spray

Thursday December 18, 7:27 pm ET

Where's the beef? A new meat-scented body spray makes men the answer, courtesy of Burger King

NEW YORK (AP) -- Looking to beef up your mojo this holiday season?

Burger King Corp. may have just the thing. The home of the Whopper has launched a new men's body spray called "Flame." The company describes the spray as "the scent of seduction with a hint of flame-broiled meat."

The fragrance is on sale at New York City retailer Ricky's NYC in stores and online for a limited time for $3.99.

Burger King is marketing the product through a Web site featuring a photo of its King character reclining fireside and naked but for an animal fur strategically placed to not offend.

The marketing ploy is the latest in a string of viral ad campaigns by the company. Burger King is also in the midst of its Whopper Virgins campaign that features an taste test with fast-food "virgins" pitting the Whopper against McDonald's Corp.'s Big Mac.

Burger King Holdings Inc. shares rose 15 cents to close at $20.53.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 December 2008, 19:37.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

With mad cow disease???
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

"The marketing ploy..." !?

I wonder who would think buying such a product would help them with the girls?
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Dunno about the girl, but her dog's sure to like you
        "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Lol
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX View Post
            Dunno about the girl, but her dog's sure to like you
            I bet there's some 400 pound heffers out there that it would turn on
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

BTW, is it true that Burger King makes absolutelly the best hamburgers, period? (something about roasting them on live fire?...)

Didn't have the time to check, they withdrew from PL market ~10 years ago after very short&small presence...

PS. Are they in Germany at least?!
              Last edited by Nowhere; 20 December 2008, 20:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
                BTW, is true that Burger King makes absolutelly the best hamburgers, period? (something about roasting the on live fire?...)

No. Not even close.
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Hm, must be just nostalgia/cult status here then... (otoh - menus in different countries/continents might differ...Cola & Pepsi do differ after all (or even cookies across the border when going to Germany))

Comment

IMO the best burgers and sandwiches are usually found at local family or sports bars (those that have sit-down dining all day through dinner). We have several around here that for the price of a fast food meal serve up 1/2 pound burgers made of ground round with great fries. That or corned beef, Reubens, ham & cheese etc. etc. etc. to die for.

One local chain in particular serves up stacked sandwiches big enough to serve 2-3 people, fries that put the fast food places to shame and they have plasmas & pool tables to boot.
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 December 2008, 21:36.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Well...here, unfortunatelly, it's very hard to find a fastfood-type place with both good food and which is generally...nice.

I managed to find just one fabulous pizzeria and one quite good Kebab (great food-wise, not place wise), however:

a) I'm moving to a different city anyway

b) NO BURGERS!!! ;(

edit: One day I'll get desparate and make them myself (same with good juicy steak). Any hints for an amateur?
                      Last edited by Nowhere; 20 December 2008, 22:04.

Comment

Burger King is available in Germany, and is roughly in the same "class" as McDonald's - which is to say: not very good.

I'll have to agree with Mordrid that you'öll probably get the best burgers at non-fast food places, for little more than a McDonald's Menu (though the price wouldn't include a drink at the proper restaurant).

In .pl, try Roosters (polish Hooters variant) which won't only supply you with your daily dose of camel toe but also serve you OK Burgers.

Burger King opened again in poland in 2007, the net seems to say.
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

BK shut down here years ago.....some legal dispute or something....
                          I really preferred BK to McD's and the other generic Fast Food places...
                          PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                          Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                          +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Best 'fast' food around here comes from Wendy's and Checkers (formerly Rally's).

My personal fave at Wendy's are the spicy chicken (hot, of course), frosties (in summer) and their specialty sandwiches (Reuben, ham & cheese etc.).

At Rally's it's their Buffalo chicken (hot again) and those absolutely fantastic breaded/seasoned fries....man, those are the best fries anywhere!!
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                            X