No announcement yet.

You know it's a bad snow storm when....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know it's a bad snow storm when....

It hits Malibu

It hits Las Vegas

They probably won't be able to find Chicago

Being in-line with Chicago, the Michigan school system your wife works for pays everyone a day early
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Promises, promises...

We'll get some snow, but how much... ?

It was supposed to start snowing at 3PM, still can see no clouds...

Last edited by ND66; 18 December 2008, 17:28.
    Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

They're saying it'll start about 4:00 AM here, so maybe midnight or so in ChiTown?
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Am I right in thinking Las Vegas and Malibu don't ususaly get snow, if ever?

Comment

You would be very correct. This is the first snow in Vegas in 30 years and God knows how long it's been for Malibu

Map of this storms expected coverage;

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 December 2008, 20:02.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Major snow is going to hit us tomorrow!

Comment

We're supposed to get "Light Snow" on Saturday, just half a foot
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

4 to 7 inches forecast for Saturday.

Kevin

Comment

Pff..
                  You are all bragging.

Havent seen head nor tail of anything white - heck even the white-bottomed deers bottoms are more grayish than white, right now. Everything is autum grey and dirty.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

...As of 6:45 a.m., snow totaled 1.9 inches at O'Hare International Airport, 2.4 inches at Midway International Airport, 2 inches in Naperville, 4 inches in Winnebago, and 0.3 inches of ice in Coal City...

...Snow is expected to top out later in the morning at 2 to 4 inches in the south and southwest suburbs, 4 to 6 inches in the city and nearby suburbs, and 7 to 10 inches in the far north suburbs...
                    They say snow plows are working but I haven't seen a plowed road or a snow plow before 6AM on my way to work.

My Car was slipping if going faster then 25 MPH on the Expressway, no visible lines, can’t tell where the sides are.

It didn’t matter how much did it snow last years, the expressway were always drivable.
                    Last edited by ND66; 19 December 2008, 09:06.

Comment

And yeah, all this mass was caused by 2 inches of snow and some rain that turned it to sleet.

Comment

Pff..
                        You are all bragging.

Havent seen head nor tail of anything white - heck even the white-bottomed deers bottoms are more grayish than white, right now. Everything is autum grey and dirty.

~~DukeP~~
                        That's the way it was around here for most of last winter.

Kevin

Comment

We have 10+ inches in our yard, not counting drifts, and it took me half an hour to clear the drive & walks with a self-powered 12 horse/24" snow blower; big drive, wide walks and a parking pad.

Driving is a nightmare with no way to tell where the curbs are. Where it is plowed every other driveway has a snow dam, which of course every moron in a Kia or some other brand of pregnant roller skate tries (unsuccessfully) to blast through leaving their tail end sticking out in the street

When we finally got to Meijers (hypermarket) there were at least ten piles of snow piled up by their snow removal service and each was a minimum of 12-15 feet high.
                          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 December 2008, 15:44.
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Wow proper Snow. In the UK we now pickle snowflakes to preserve them as they're so rare.
                            Haven't had proper snow for years here. There's been plenty forecast over the years but ended up mostly being a damp squib.
                            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I could ship you 100+ tonnes or so if you want, we have more than enough to spare - COD of course

We're not talking about the fluffy wimpy snow either - this is the H-E-A-V-Y "packing" snow where shoveling a few scoops ages your back a decade or so.
                              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 December 2008, 16:44.
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X