Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIS 6326 Graphic Card

With regards to oc of an celeron 300a , found the followings : -
    1) Using AGP Matrox G400 Max , can oc to 472 mhz stable.
    2) Using AGP i740 , can oc to 504 mhz stable.
    3) Using PCI SIS 6362 , can oc to 540 mhz stable.

Mobo- MSI 6163 Pro.
    Ram- PC100

Any input why ?

because the G400 is the only card that uses AGP2x DIME istead of AGP DMA which is superior and hence a bit more picky ...

Could also be that the other cards don't use AGP2x at all, but rather AGP1x

------------------
    Maggi

... sigh ... my third account in this BBS ...

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I got this program which check the Matrox card and it indicated as AGP x1 transfer. How do enable AGP x2 transfer ?

Comment

As you are overclocking to these speeds, did you change the AGP divisor? When you are running at 66MHz FSB, AGP speed is 1 * FSB. When running at 100MHz FSB, it should be 2/3 * FSB.

With overclocking, NOTHING is guaranteed. Different cards have different tolerances. I may have a G400 that can overclock more than your G400. That's just the way that Si fab yields go. The general design of a card also has a lot to do with how far it can be overclocked.

It may not nec. be in the video card that the different tolerances are reached. The video card drivers for these cards may use different x86 instructions. Your overcooked celery may successfully run some instructions and fail at others. It all depends what is in the critical path.

Your mobo is thinking that it is too noisy or too fast to handle agp2x, so it is falling back to agp1x. Go to the murc utilities and download the PD 5 registry hacks and install forceagp2x.reg if you want to force it to run in agp2x mode.

Comment

Working...
        X