New Vortex2 drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vortex2 drivers

Just got a little info to put a smile on Vortex2 owners faces.

EAX is comeing soon
    By the 16th is what I've heard

--------------------------------------------Aureal 2048 Drivers on Beta 15!

News from Chris 'x' at Aureal (full name with held to prevent him being hassled) - sincere apologies for the further delay with the EAX incorporated 2048 driver, its currently at an unheard of beta 15 as the result of excellent quality feedback from the beta testers but that driver will be available within 10 days. Its now so complete as to be fine for 99.9% of users but its not 'perfect enough' just yet.

Its coming - those of you who got hold of the 'leaked' 2048 beta have nothing but good things to say about it and we promise that expectations will be met - don't forget that this driver will also be the one to run the SQ3500 and support A3D 3.0 - so EAX implementation hasn't been the only issue with releasing this driver.

--------------------------------------------

Mark F.

------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
    --------------------------------------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
    and burped out a movie

Hey Mark, thanks a lot. I'm looking forward to having a reason to laugh at those SBLive! owners who've been laughing at me for months...!

------------------
    Holly, MX300 fan (it's all about the box...!)

Comment

Oops, dupe.

[This message has been edited by Gurm (edited 10 January 2000).]
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

No offense Holly, but us SBLive! people not only get A3D now (courtesy of Aureal - what's up with THAT?), we also have EAX and substantially lower CPU usage.

(*GRIN*)

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I agree w/ the MUCH lower CPU usage, but we don't have A3D 2.0. You must conceed that.
          One thing they don't have though, is on-board MP3 encoding/decoding. I'm waiting for my Live! MP3+ to get here, and that's just the coolest option for me
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

What's that Gurm? Are you saying that the SBLive card now supports A3D? When did that happen? Did Aureal port A3D to the Creative chips (I don't recall what chips they use). Can those chips support all of 2.0 (or 3.0)? I bought the MX300 last May partially due to the fact that it supported both APIs.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

SBs can do A3D1 only. Never (well that is a long time) will do A3D2. Or 3.0 for that mater.

As for MUCH lower CPU usage, I think you are thinking back to the Diamond drivers. Newer AUREAL drivers don't have great a CPU usage. From 0% to less than 2% difference than SBLives playing the same streams.

Mark F.

------------------

and burped out a movie

Comment

Ummm... look on the Aureal drivers page, there's a new A3D driver for Sound Blasters! Called "a2d", they "support A3D 2.0 games on non-vortex sound cards"...

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

I will go check Gurm
                  Did I spell that right

Mark F.

------------------

and burped out a movie

Comment

Yep, just saw A3D drivers with support for SBLive cards. I'm not a soundcard expert, all I know is, that I have a SBlive card, and that I am now able to play Quake3 with smoooth 3D sound

Torben R
                    G400 news, info, downloads and mailinglist : http://TRsDomain.homepage.dk

Comment

Borg,

Don't hold your breath waiting for Diamond to release a new driver for the MX300 - it's been a year. I don't think you'll EVER see one. 8-(

Just use Aureal's reference drivers, the MX300 is pretty much completely a reference board anyway.

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

This is how Diamond responded to me when I queried them about supporting the new A3D reference drivers last November...
                        Diamond anticipates having update drivers. However, we do not have a
                        specific date as to when they will be available. Unfortunately, if you use
                        the reference drivers, you will not be able to install the MediaMixer and
                        utilities as these can only be installed as part of the Diamond/S3 driver
                        installation
                        Doesn't sound very promising.
                        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

DIAMOND realy SUCKS !

------------------
                          PIII450@504(fsb@112),P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,Diamond MONSTER Sound II ,IntelliMouse Explorer (yahoooo! no fu..hm hm. ball any more ...)

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

well I just hope that I didnt make a step to much back changing from Live ! to Aureal 2 ( with my damm MONSTER SOUND 2 )..& when will Diamind relese a new DRIVER..? ewer or newer ????

------------------
                            PIII450@504(fsb@112),P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,Diamond MONSTER Sound II ,IntelliMouse Explorer (yahoooo! no fu..hm hm. ball any more ...)

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Working...
                            X