My mother has cancer again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mother has cancer again

20 years after she beat her liver cancer, she now has it again.

I'm scared.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

I'm really sorry to hear that I'll send out prayers in your direction.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Oh man, I wash you and, especially yor mother, all the luck in the world. We've had a few in the family (no really, just a few).
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

So sorry to hear that Az. Best wishes to you all.
        FT.

Comment

Best wishes to her and your family. My dad died of cancer - a mass on the wall of is pulmonary artery. Weird.

Most liver cancers are metastatic, meaning the primary tumor is elsewhere (GI tract, breast, ovary, kidney, lung etc.), with the remainder being hepatoma's or other less common types. Any notion as to if hers is primary or metastatic?
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Had this thread opened in a tab for some time...but tbh there's not much I can say.

I hope she'll be fine. She's strong, she defeated it once; hopefully, aided by the progress of medicine for the past two decades, she can do it again.

Comment

More prayers coming from this direction too.
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

So sorry to hear that Az, more prayers from us here in Canada, all the best to her!!

Comment

Sorry to hear that Az...
                  pixar
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

sorry to hear that. My dad had kidney cancer about a year ago.. still undergoing treatment.
                    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                      Any notion as to if hers is primary or metastatic?
                      No metastases so far, but the thing's growing rapidly. She'll probably have surgery on the 18th, which probably means she won't be home for christmas.

Thank you all for your good wishes!
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I'll keep her in my prayers, I lost my mom to a cancer too at age 52.

A.
                        Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, az. I'm sending my best wishes, too. Some months ago the doctors told my mother that she has stomach cancer. I think I can imagine how you feel now.

All the best to you and your family!

Jörg
                          Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

Working...
                          X