! ! ! ! ! ATHLON 1-GHZ ! ! ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ! ! ! ! ! ATHLON 1-GHZ ! ! ! ! !

yesterday AMD has broken the 1-GHZ barrier with kryotech's cooling!!!

A M D RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read AMD's article http://www.amd.com/news/prodpr/20002.html

------------------
    -- Surfwienix --
    (German)

My System:

AMD K6-2/400
    Epox MVP3C-M Super7
    128MB SDRAM(PC100)
    -> G400 MAX (PD 5.30+TGL1.0)
    Terratec DMX Canyon3D-Sound
    6,4GB Maxtor HDD(UDMA33)
    ASUS 40x-CDROM(UDMA33)
    Realtek 8019 Ethernet(ISA)
    CTX 19" Monitor(95khz)

my system:

AMD XP 2000+
    Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
    512MB SDRAM133
    Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
    Windows XP Prof

Thanks for the heads up.

Moderators, could you please backdate this to October or November? I don't want to make the little guy feel bad

Not to mention that Greebe has his at 900Mhz, and there's at least one 750@1050 with less extreme cooling.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Wombat, you don't even want to know what cooling Mike needs to cool his A500@900 ...

Maybe it's easier with an A750, but just try it yourself and have some friends of the fire-brigade standing by...

Jorden.

------------------
      Who needs a cookie when we got Gator and Cheese?

Jordâ„¢

Comment

Easy, boys. Yes, the Kryotech 1G Athlon has been around for a couple of months. However, if you read the article linked, it is dated yesterday.

This is Compaq showing off a Kryotech 1G Athlon system, not some basement do-it-yourselfers. The point is that now you can get a 1G Athlon from a top tier mainstream corporation.

When is Intel going to get around to shipping any 733 parts in any respectable volume? Intel announced those months ago. Too bad you can't get one.

Comment

I'm not even going to comment on that one.

Rob, check your sources again... that was even more extreme than a Kyrotech!

Thunderchez, "Basement do-it-yourselfers"??? Since when is Compaq in the basement?

Thanks, Rags
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I wasn't saying that Compaq was in the basement. I guess that the point I was trying to make is that everybody has heard of Compaq and it is a fairly respectable brand name.

If I modify, supercool, and overclock the snot out of my Athlon and hit 1G, that's great, but it is not a newsworthy item. Other overclockers would love to hear my success story and methods, but that would be the limit of my audience. People like Greebe come along and hit a market for overclocking Athlons. However, I doubt that may of Greebe's oc'd Athlons end up in companies. They'll probably end up in some computer geek's home gaming system.

However, if Compaq is shipping a line of PCs that are modified, supercooled, and overclocked Athlons at 1G, that is newsworthy. Big companies are going to pay attention to that. Especially when they can get one for themselves. Several companies probably already have purchase order arrangements with Compaq, and they might could sneak the order through the "purchasing" group bureaucrats.

1G Athlons are now kickin' in the mainstream, and Intel is vaporwaring anything > 700MHz.

Comment

What kinda cooling ARE you using Greebe...
              Pics maybe.. I want to see what a 900 mHZ Athlon looks like.

------------------
              PIII 450 @ 464
              generic BX6 motherboard
              G400 MAX : )
              Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
              Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
              Creative 36x CD-ROM
              HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
              64 megs PC100 RAM
              Intel 10/100
              Soundblaster 32 AWE
              DiamondMAX 56k
              Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
              1 92mm Sunon Fan
              4 80mm Sunon Fan's

Comment

Working...
              X