XP: DNS resolve broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP: DNS resolve broken

I've got a computer here where the dns resolve seems to be broken.

Adding to the host file works and it can reach sites through ip.

nslookup works.

tracert does not.

I've reset the tcp/ip interface

checked for invalid lsp's.

reinstalled the nic.

I'm tempted to do a repair install.

Google don't yeild anything encouraging, ms knowledge base needs a working search.

any bright ideas for me?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Err. nslookup uses DNS.

Are you referring to a specific program that isn't working?

Comment

all programs that uses "www.google.com" instead of "66.249.91.147" did not work

A repair instalation fixed it so, I either had missing or corrupted files....
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I had one such case, it was a rootkit, I couldn't reach google or any antimalware site. It was a particulary nasty one, where the removal instructions suggested booting Knoppix and deleting files.

Comment

Working...
        X