Problem with Outlook Express and Hotmail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Outlook Express and Hotmail

Where's that General Software section again..

Anyway, the problem is that I can't get Outlook Express working with Hotmail. I've created a couple of accounts (using Outlook) but it just doesn't work.
    The Hotmail server will just give "Internal Error"s when trying to access the account.

Has anyone been succesfull in that?
    Thanks

_
    B

BTW Accessing the accounts manually (with a browser) works flawless.

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 04 January 2000).]

ive had the same problem. emailed microsoft bout it many times. never got any responses, then again, i never expected to. i have gotten it to connect a few times in the past though. maybe someone knows another http mail server that works with outlook express. anyone?

Comment

Yeah I've got this working fine in OE5.

I'm an Administrator on the Home Theater Forum (www.hometheaterforum.com) and we run a Hotmail as a 'holding' account for new sign-ups prior to approval. This works just fine in Outlook Express, BUT I've found it works best if you don't include the account in the normal Send/Receive cycle.

In the Folders window, right-click on the Hotmail account and go to Properties. There should be a tick-box for including the account when messages are sent and received.

To manually receive and send the Hotmail account mails, just click once on the account within the Folders window and click on Synchronize Account in the main window. I rarely get any connection or Internal errors this way.

Rob G.

[This message has been edited by Rob G (edited 07 January 2000).]

Comment

Working...
      X