ps2 mouse problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ps2 mouse problems

my logitech pilot+ ps2 mouse is going crazy.after about 10 minutes of use the mouse has a life of its own,it shoots across the screen and starts bringing menus up.while playing games ie:halflife my guns start blasting by them selves,poor old gordy,hes jumping all over the place.its driving me up the wall!!
    ive tried a hard disk wipe,win98 reinstall.
    turned bus mastering on/off.
    virus scan.
    new logitech mouse drivers.
    checked for conflicts,to no availe.
    has anyone had this problem,is there a cure before i go and buy a new mouse.
    p3/500
    abit be6 mobo
    128 meg ram
    g400 32meg d/h

Maybe the solution is in one of these threads:

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000145.html
    http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000303.html

Comment

This phenom is caused by the computer and the mouse getting out of synch with each other. Like other serial devices, the mouse sends a start bit followed by 6 data bits and a stop bit. The data bits, of course, tell the computer what your mouse is doing. If something happens to the signal to add or subtract bits from the data stream, all hell breaks loose because it's trying to read the last part of one packet and the first part of the next, and trying to interpret the random results. The result is: random movements and clicks, just like what you're experiencing.

There are a few things that usually cause this. Faulty drivers (you took care of that possibility), spikey power supply (unlikely), or a bad mouse (most likely).

I think you might try another mouse.

Bill

------------------
      People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...
      People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

Working...
      X