Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He did it... (F1)

He did it!!

Hamilton is F1 world champion. But what an ending!!!
    (tracks with sprinklers, I keep saying it )

And kudoz to all the drivers: it was an exciting race, where no-one took unnecessary risks (and no personal vendetta's to change the outcome, ...), but where everyone still was racing. Great professionalism and sportsmanship.

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

I agree with all of that, but those last few laps shaved several years off my life!

Congrats Lewis Definitely deserved imo.

I did feel a little sorry for Masa's family celebrating in the garage for a couple of seconds before realising Hamilton had got it. I had felt the exact same thing but in reverse.

Soon the teams will be off to Portugal for winter testing. Its a track they haven't used before that has 32 different configurations...actually 64 if you count that they listened to VJ and have installed sprinklers. Seriously.

So now I'll be cheering on the World Champion when I visit Silverstone for the last British GP to be held there, next June. Future races will be held at Donnington Park, just 20 minutes from my door...provided they manage all the required upgrades in time.
    FT.

Comment

Well done, but he now needs to be taken down a peg or three to prevent him becoming as cocky as Michael Schumacher. The signs are already there.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Shy and retiring doesn't win world championships...
        FT.

Comment

Thread inspired me to check how that last race went for Kubica...now I know why the flags are lowered everywhere

(I wonder how that snark comments at the team will work for him...anyway, he seems to believe too much in a dream perpetuuated by mass histeria about F1/Kubica that's happening here)

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
            Shy and retiring doesn't win world championships...
            Obnoxiousness doesn't help either. Shy and retiring do not mean the same as modest.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
              (I wonder how that snark comments at the team will work for him...anyway, he seems to believe too much in a dream perpetuuated by mass histeria about F1/Kubica that's happening here)
              IMO, he is one of the best drivers on the circuit. The car is often not competitive enough, but despite that he got equal points with Raikonnen...
              At the beginning, I also had high hopes for Rosberg, but he seems to be underperforming lately...

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
              X