Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2008 and Powerdesk HF

Hello,

On the Matrox-site, only the SE drivers are available for Server 2008. The HF driver for Vista works, but PowerDesk doesn't.

Anyone succeeded in getting it to work?
    (.net is installed)

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

As displays, I have a digital flat panel, a CRT and a TV I'd like to use on a Parhelia.
    In the HF drivers (on XP or Vista), I either set it to "dual independent" (flat panel+crt) or "dual stretched + feature display" (required me to physically change connections).

The SE driver has me puzzled, as they mention 3 displays in independent mode , but I never succeed in getting an image on the TV. The TV does show behaviour as if its input changes, but the screen stays blue.
    So any hints on getting an image on the TV using the SE drivers are welcome too!
    EDIT: just found this "TV-output functionality and PureVideo/DVDMax features are not available with this driver interface."

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 30 October 2008, 01:21.
    pixar

Comment

A little off on a tangent...Parhelia mostly sucks. (I have 2 but only use one)

I tried several years ago to get a Parhelia to work for my HTPC (initially set up as dual independant, 1280x768 LCD TV and 1280x1024 LCD monitor). I could never get it to work properly and ended up with a Gigabyte 7600GS.
      The lack of a decent DX9 driver for the Parhelia made it not play happy with SageTV.

Comment

Apart from performance (gaming is out of the question), I haven't had any real issues with it...
        I suspect a HF driver for Server2008 will follow, seeing as there is one for Server2003...

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Odd, I tried again to install the HF driver, and now it popped up...

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Seems to work every time. The trick is to move the video accelleration slider (in trouble shooting pane) to "full" (by default it is not set to full).

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

I have Parhelia, G400 DH AGP4x and Millennium PCI and I'm only using the latter in my server, since there are no AGP slots arround anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X