Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.R.S. want's a cut

If You Steal, The IRS Wants A Cut

This is hilarious... who in the hell comes up with this crap? Do they really think some thief is going to report it as "Other Income"? And even if they did (which would be funny), wouldn't the government sort of be an accomplice since they are benefiting from criminal acts? It almost makes me want to go out and steal a pack of gum just so I can put something in the stolen property section of my tax return. haha
    Link

And I thought those urban myths about IRS not telling the cops about druglords as long as they payed their taxes was urban myths
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

We have a saying here in the states that goes something like this: "Don't steal, the government doesn't like the competition." The IRS is often substituted for government.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I didn't read the link but the law for the IRS is exactly the same here in Israel.
      While prostitution for example isn't legal, prostitutes can be brought to court for not paying their taxes, not that I've heard any of that actually happening.
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Doesn't that make the state a pimp?
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Is there a time where it wasn't?
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

The ghost of Al Capone is not laughing.

PS I'm giving Doc five more minutes to post on this before I start worrying he's in the hospital.
            Last edited by cjolley; 29 October 2008, 08:06.
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

This was intended to allow prosecution of criminals who otherwise would escape justice. It's how they brought down Al Capone. Nobody would testify against him for murder, racketeering, etc.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley View Post
                The ghost of Al Capone is not laughing.

PS I'm giving Doc five more minutes to post on this before I start worrying he's in the hospital.
                Not in the hospital, but down for the count for a bit with a nasty leg wound on my shin - got it caught between a large mechanics toolbox and a panel truck while moving it to the house from a storage shed and it took out a gouge about 3" wide and 1/4" deep.

Got infected regardless of immediate attention and required a bit of enhanced treatment. NO MRSA etc. this time, just a run of the mill infection treatable with stronger 'normal' antibiotics, but it was ugly for a couple of weeks.

Scabbing over now but still hurts like a bitch. Probably have a helluva scar.

That aside: the IRS acting in this manner isn't unusual at all. All the more reason for a new system, my favorite being a transaction tax.
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 31 October 2008, 15:29.
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Sorry to hear about he wound, and glad it's coming along. Please stop getting injured.
                  Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                  ... That aside: the IRS acting in this manner isn't unusual at all. All the more reason for a new system, my favorite being a transaction tax.
                  How European of you
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by nopq725
                    Derek‘s Gold Masterywow gold Guide, is one of the latest World of Warcraft Gold Guides to become available recently. This guide states that it canwow gold help any WoW playerwow gold at any level farm closewow gold to if not more than 150wow gold gold an hour in World of Warcraft.
                    Dude, IRS won't be your biggest worries if you don't quit spamming

Besides, Blizzard gets positively Medieval on your ass if you break TOS
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Rotflmao!

Comment

Working...
                      X