proxies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proxies

Hypothetically of course: Say someone was out of the country for a little while and wanted to watch the online streaming video of their national tv broadcasting company. Say that company restricted usage to their own country. Then you would use a proxy based in the home country. Hypothetically, of course.

So if you wanted to find a proxy you could trust, how would you do it, and are there any risks that aren't taken care of by a good AV program?

Would, say, xroxy, with its searchable database, be a trustworthy source?

Cheers,

T.
    FT.

You're thinking good... and I've run into the same problem while on business travel.
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Why not instead keep an SSH server running on your home PC and tunnel through it?
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

One would, in my hypothetical world, VPN into the office and stream video through the tunnel. Or VPN into home, and stream video through the tunnel.

I'd never use a proxy.

But I hear they're great and some are even anonymous! Excellent if you want to surf illegal pr0n. Or so I'm told.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Apparently, some streaming video services seem to recognize the fact that you are connecting through a proxy, and still block the video stream...
          Other proxies could hypotheticaly negatively impact the bandwith, making video streaming difficult.

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
          X