Razer Boomslang mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razer Boomslang mouse

I'm not sure if this should go in Hardware or Gaming, but here it goes.

There is a slick new mouse out there that has an incredibly high dpi. The Razer Boomslang from www.razerzone.com comes in 1000dpi and 2000dpi models. I got the 1000dpi flavor.

It moves really smooth, but the buttons have a mind of their own. It is a scroll mouse, and usually in games such as Unreal Tournament the "scroll" function is used to rotate through the weapons. However, it has a nasty habit of changing on me when I'm not scrolling it. It is embarrasing to have it change from the rocket launcher to a fist right when you are going to strike.

Also, the main button seems to have a mind of its own. Either that or it is so sensitive that moving the mouse causes it to register a click. That's not fun when you have a rocket launcher explode in your face in a tight hallway or something.

Has anybody else got a Razer Boomslang mouse? Do you have the same kind of problems with it? I may have just gotten a marginal unit.

As for now, I've gone back to my Logitech mouse. Nowhere near as many dpis, but the buttons don't have a mind of their own.

I don't have a Razor, although I've been curious about it.
    I do however, have a Logitech wheel mouse, that I have problems with in Unreal and UT. I want to use the thumb button for secondary fire/sniper zoom. However, the only way I can get it to work for more than one click is to disable EM_exec in the task manager. I even downloaded a driver patch from Logitech that should address the wheel issues in 3D games, but that did nothing noticeable for me. How is yours set up?
    My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

I have a Boomslang 1000. I love it. Although, it wasn't as fast as I expected. That may be just the difference between the 2000 and 1000. All the reviews of the 2000 I read said that they had to turn the sensitivity way down to get used to it. I'm running mine at 100% right now. I really like the accuracy.

Anyway, you're right. The buttons are very sensitive. I haven't had any trouble with the buttons actuating without me actually touching them, though. I haven't played any FPS's with it, yet. I've been stuck on Asheron's Call lately.

Love the mouse. Takes a little time to get used to. The thumb button is what gets me in trouble.

Paul
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Working...
      X