No announcement yet.

Mehen, you should try this sometime...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mehen, you should try this sometime...

This man will never look at a burger the way we do... .

Pa. man chews through belly-busting, 15-lb. burger

It took Brad Sciullo 4 hours and 39 minutes to finish a marathon. A meat marathon, that is. The 5-foot-11, 180-pound western Pennsylvania chef is the first person to eat a monstrosity called the Beer Barrel Belly Bruiser: a 15-pound burger with toppings and a bun that brought the total weight to 20.2 pounds.

The mountain of beef is the product of Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, about 100 miles northeast of Pittsburgh in Clearfield.

Sciullo, 21, of Uniontown, said he was surprised he finished the sandwich Monday. "About three hours into it, things got tough," he said.

When asked what possessed him to eat a burger that big, Sciullo said: "I wanted to see if I could."

The burger included a bun, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onions, mild banana peppers and a cup each of mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard and relish, pub owner Dennis Liegey said.

For completing the challenge in the under-five-hour time limit, Sciullo won $400, three T-shirts, a certificate "and a burger hangover, as I call it," Liegey said.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Insert "people starving in Africa" comment here.

Kevin

Comment

Wow!! And all he got was $400?

I might be able to get through that in 2 days. That's crazy. I wonder how much that thing costs. If I'm ever in Pennsylvania...

That guy looks sickly in the second pic.
      Last edited by Mehen; 16 October 2008, 22:12.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

20.2 pounds? Pfffttt.....

Try 164.5 pounds, the new Guinness record set a month ago in a Southgate, Michigan sports bar - about 8 miles from us (Detroit News link....)

Mallie's link...

Downriver bar creates world's largest hamburger -- again

Steve Pardo / The Detroit News

SOUTHGATE -- A Downriver bar has beaten it's own world record for creating the world's largest commercially available hamburger.

Crews from the Guinness World Records were at Mallie's Sports Grill & Bar, 19400 Northline, recently shooting pictures and video at the bar. The bar broke the world's record in February by cooking up a 134-pound hamburger with all the fixings. During the Guinness visit, bar personnel readied another burger -- and this one topped the scale at 164.5 pounds, according to Mike Matkin, manager and the bar and grill.

Because Guinness officials were on hand to witness the event, the new size is officially recognized. The 2009 world's record book is due out Sept. 17.

"We are on page 125," Matkin said. "But with this recent photo shoot we are being told that in the next issue due out early next year we will have a full two-page layout."

The hamburger retails for $350. Orders must be filled 24 hours in advance.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 17 October 2008, 06:04.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen| View Post
          ...I wonder how much that thing costs....
          The web site is Here:

And HERE: is their burger selection

They also have 2 or 3 Lbs burgers, you could handle that, no?

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

now show us the link to the guy who ate such 165lbs burger.. making a big burger is easy.. eating it is a whole different thing
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

I could probably handle the 3 pounder. 1.5 hr time limit is pretty nice, I would probably eat the first half in the first 10 minutes then take a break and eat the other half 45min later. I don't eat a lot in a single sitting anymore, but I always end up hungry again in less than an hour. Very fast metabolism. Yes you should all be jealous.
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
              X