Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick C# question

Hello,

I have a small C# question. On a form, I have a progressbar and sort of a todo list. The todo list shows the current action being performed, the progress bar displays the progress of this action. All actions are dealt with in a single background worker.

Some actions require a continuous progressbar (as I can predict the amount of steps required), so for these the style is set to "continuous". For other actions, I would like to set it to "marquee". But just setting the style doesn't work...

I found in the help that "continuous" is only valid if visual styles are not enabled, whereas "marque" is only valid when visual styles are enabled.
    What is this "visual styles" thing?
    And can I change the appearance of the progressbar this way?
    Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

I don't know about the style thing.
    Maybe it's a property that can't be changed after they are instantiated.

But you might be able to solve it simply.
    Create two progress bars, one of each style.
    Then just show and hide them as needed.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Hey, that is an idea (hadn't thought about that... )!
      But what about that "visual styles" comment on MSDN? It makes me think that one can either have continuous bars, or marquee bars, but not both...

But I'll give it a go!

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Well?
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Sorry, haven't gotten round to trying it... I seem to be running into memory exception issues from my C++ dll, despite the fact that it has full exception handling.

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Working...
          X