Just another SERIOUS Vista issue!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another SERIOUS Vista issue!!

Happened to a friend of mine an hour ago. The message here is always stop the USB connection (say a camera or something) before you disconnect it from the UB port.

What was Microsoft thinking???????????

You are linking to a MBR problem on MS's site, whereby you cannot repair the MBR because a USB drive is plugged in, and it sees that instead of your C: drive...

This doesn't have much to do with stopping a USB connection before removing it ?
    Is this something where all the data on the Camera etc was corrupted...?
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Reading the descriptions seems to indicate to me that the Status Repair tool assumes a usb drive was the boot drive.

While this can usually be an incorrect assumption, I don't consider this to be that big an issue.
      It doesn't seem to have anything to do with stopping the usb device, just with unplugging usb devices when you want to fix the mbr.

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Vista doesn't use an MBR... if it is not multi boot (ETA)...
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

User error just like the floppy in drive A:

Now it's a USB stick instead.

In the old days it was.

Hello Tech support how can I help.

Dumbo "I can't boot my PC"

Tech Support "Have you got a floppy disk in"

Dumbo after checking the toaster "Err yes hold on" tech Support Yawn " You're brilliant how did you know"

Sadly nowadays you've got to go through the whole lot. Floppy CD DVD usb external hard drive etc.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
          X