Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard For Gaming

Opinion time-

What is the mostest bestest keyboard a person can have? Why? How much? Where?
    Matrox G400MAX
    PIII600
    Abit BX6-2
    224mb Samsung GH
    SB Live
    Netgear NIC
    Tekram SCSI
    Maxtor 20gig ATA-66 7200
    IBM 14.4gig ATA-33 7200
    Creative 5xDVD- no card
    Plextor 8/2/20 CDR
    Kenwood 52x CDROM

Hah! That's easy. I'll probably be banned from this form for this, but I HAVE to have the ol' IBM buckling spring keyboard. None of those mushy "off" brands (tee-hee....). IBM no longer makes them, but you can get them here:
    http://store.yahoo.com/pckeyboards/ibm101.html

They have a stock, and a great price too.

Consider it a good investment into our computer heritage. If you don't like it you can donate it to your local Science and Technology museum.

John

Comment

Watch out though, you may have to reinforce your desk to keep it from collapsing under the weight!

chuck
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Without a doubt. IBM!! The Sherman Tank of computer Equipment. I have an old '86 IBM keyboard and someone would have to kill me if they wanted it.
        Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
        CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
        Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

I'm sure they'll outlast the cockroaches.....the one I use at work (purchased with an IBM computer, no less, in 1989) survived a fire and accompanying water damage, and of course the numerous beverages, etc.

Not only re-inforce that desk, but get some ear muffs for when those springs start a bucklin'!

I love em!

Comment

Yep, I'm a fan of those keyboards too, but I don't have one right now (I needed to go with a split-key).
            It's the computer equivalent of having an early 80's Buick on your desk. BIG, METAL, WONDERFUL.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
            X