Pc3200 Ddr400 Ecc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc3200 Ddr400 Ecc

Yup that's the ram I am looking for now, they seem to be hard to come by these days, but my HP workstation takes that ram and I need it to run Vista 64 effeciently.

Any good reliable/cheap sources to get this from?

Thanks,
    Elie

Crucial? Otherwise 8GB of PC3200 ECC will be very expensive, at this point I'd start considering new platform.

Comment

I bought 4x 1GB PC3200 ECC recently from Kingston (ValueRAM). Cheap enough, but not as cheap as DDR2 atm.

Comment

1GB can be had. 2GB much harder, except as buffered server-only RAM.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
          Crucial? Otherwise 8GB of PC3200 ECC will be very expensive, at this point I'd start considering new platform.

I wish I can just change platforms like that, this Xw9300 is my AXIO LE/Adobe CS3 editing box, with PCI-X running at 66 and 100Mhz as well as two PCI-e running at 16x.

If I can find the ram, I'll be ok for a while.

Cheers,
          Elie

Comment

Is that registered ddr1 pc3200 ecc?

I have 4x 512mb registered ddr1 pc3200 ecc(intel/supermicro certified) which I want replace with 2G sticks, don't know if it realistic if we can do a deal a shipping would be the killer.

Usually the ecc is an optional thing, registered or not and is the thing you have to match correctly

Anyways any decent place that carries server gear should be able to get it, I have bought a few 1G pieces on ebay 6 months ago, but its pretty patchy.

I did buy 2x 2GB registered ddr1 pc3200 ecc from the supermicro dealer I got my motherboard from recently, price was a little bit high but it was not over the top.

ATP(intel/supermicro cerified) is nice reliable brand for registered ddr1, corsair, crucial and kingston tend to be a bit precious with there registered server ram, eg lower specs for twice the price.

I have even overclocked ATP registered ecc ram up to a about 220 mhz at cas3(default spec), and it runs reliable at cas2.5 up to about 210, have run it that speed for almost a couple of years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman View Post
              Is that registered ddr1 pc3200 ecc?
              yes I believe so, I have 4x512 myself and need to add four more 1GB sticks for a total of 6GB's for now, then I would like to remove the 512MB dimms and replace them with 1GB stick for a total of 8GB's which should be enough for me. Unless the 2GB's are cheap enough then I will go 12GB or 16.
              My HP supports up to 32GB of ram, cool eh?

Cheers,
              Elie

Comment

I managed to pickup some of that memory cheap from eBay. I think it was part of a promotion HP were doing with there servers at one time as the seller had quite a lot
                When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Around here 2Gb is roughly twice the price of 1GB, so I have started buying 2Gb sticks.
                  I am currently at 8GB (4x512,2x1GB and 2x2GB) , but if I go to all 2GB I should finish 1t 16GB.
                  From the specs I could go to 32GB but I would have to go down to 333mhz.
                  Having looked at the price 4GB's I think 2GB's will be plenty for me.

Comment

I just purchased 2x 1GB DDR1 PC2100 CL2 266MHz ECC REG 64Mx4
                    by Qimonda (formerly Infineon), at a local online seller.

It was more expensive that current RAM (at 49 euro/GB), but will also keep my current 32-bit platform running a bit longer...

Jörg
                    pixar
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                    X