Hey Greebe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Greebe!

Hi, greebe, i have athlom 500mhz, ms-6167, pc-100 ram.
    Is there anyway I can overclock my athlon without getting an eclipse or any other card?
    (and no soldering)
    ??!?!?!?!?

------------------
    blah blah blah
    blah blah blah

If there was a way, do you think Greebe would have made the Eclipse mod (or other ppl who sell their resistor soldering services)?
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin: some people say you can change fsb on my mobo with soft fsb.
      blah blah blah

Comment

Speeder, sure if you want to OC them that way. But I'll add that many even with the best quality cas2 PC133 sdram can't get the FSB over 110 mHz so that'll limit you big time. Another problem you'll run into is the L2 cache latency setting... even if you could get the core to 750-900 the L2 won't.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

lets say I will get pc-133 ram (which I woupld proll get when kx133 would come out)
          and change my fsb to 133, than my cpu speed would be 665. Would L2 cache handle that speed?
          blah blah blah

Comment

No, forget it. The Athlon does not handle bus clocking very well. As Greebe said, you will struggle to get it to run above 110MHz.

Comment

what bout Kx-133 mobos, will athlons be overclocable then?
              blah blah blah

Comment

Actually PC133 could very well be supported in future boards, but the problem is that the SlotA's now are currently using 6 layer boards which are noisier than the newer 4 layer designs that'll accompany the KX133.

Taking that into consideration why would you be willing to spend the money for a board that'll only let you get say 665 mHz from a processor that could possibly do 850-900!?

Now lets pretend you do have the Eclipse and upgrade to a KX133 MB. Well then you can find the highest stable speed for the mem and adjust your multipier down to it's Max mHz and have the best of both worlds!
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Where can I get eclips?
                  and Is it hard to install?
                  cause my dad doesnt want me to do it (mamory upgrade, and cpu overclock) cause it is going to void the warranty
                  blah blah blah

Comment

Speeder, then OCing is not for you! All the Athlon OCing devices require you to remove the cover on the cpu and that in itself voids the warranty. Sorry dude

Comment

I understand you have to open the cover and I will voin the warranty, but its ok... So is it hard to install, and where can I get it?
                      blah blah blah

Comment

Working...
                      X