• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain lion attack instructions

If attacked, use child as shield?

FT.

LOL
    I think the idea is to prevent the child from looking like a morsel.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

You don't duck down in front of a big cat because that might make the Mountain Lion think you are the one spoiling for a fight... Cats crouch before they pounce...
      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Personally I find the need to tell people to fight back if attacked bothers me more.
        Just some how can't visualize myself laying still while I became lunch
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

The best action fend off some predators' attack is to stay still.
          So in that aspect, it is an important message...

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Hm, now I'll start to wonder what to do in case of wolves.
            (thinking about camping, if weather will get better than it is currently, t-shirt style better (hey, still possible up to end of October); and there are some wolves in target area
            and wisents; and wild boars, and foxes...arghhh, we won't survive! )

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq View Post
              Personally I find the need to tell people to fight back if attacked bothers me more.
              Just some how can't visualize myself laying still while I became lunch
              I think this is to get people not to defend, e.g. try to just not get damaged, but to actually try to [convince the adversary] you intend to do harm.
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
              X