software player for HD content, blu ray..etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• software player for HD content, blu ray..etc

I bought a LG second generation blu ray burner a few months back, it has performed well.

Except that is the bundled powerdvd software. It does work but the fact they only allow stereo in both DVD and blu-ray playback has me feeling burnt (older bundled version used to at least support digital pass-thru)
    Also being to forced to watch the %$#! anti pirating messages makes me wonder why just didn't upgrade my internet connection with money saved no buying HDCP hardwarte and just pirate all the $%$%# movies instead for a better experience than what I am getting.

And the fact that the rip off price for buying the "upgrade" to support basic functionality also has me peeved.

Any recommendations for any other good software player, I am tempted to use buy anyDVD to play the files in VLC(apprently possible but a lot of hassle) or rip them to hdd.

Ranting aside, the blu-ray playback does actually look very good)

FFDShow might be able to give you multichannel output (but not sure if it works for bluray).

Which OS are you using?
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
    X