DVD Decoder Cards - IRQ Required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Decoder Cards - IRQ Required?

I was thinking about getting a DVD card and was wondering if in general they require an IRQ? Are there some that do and some that don't? TIA.
    P4 2.53GHz, Intel D845PEBT2, 1GB Ram, G400 Max, Adaptec 19160 running, 2 Maxtor 18GB 10KRPM HD, Toshiba 40/10 SCSI DVD-Rom, Plextor 32/12/10 SCSI CD-RW, Seagate 80GB Barracuda IV, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Viewsonic G790 19" Monitor

Post your machine specs, and you'll get better advice on which way to go. If you've got plenty of processor horsepower, several sofware solutions (with the right video card might work for you.) Go with a decoder other than the DVD Hardware Module (not recommended at this time) made by Matrox, and you'll need that IRQ.
    Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

The Hollywood + and CL Dxr3 cards are very nice about sharing interupts. I have had one sharing interupts with my MAX (decoder in PCI slot 1) with no problems.

Comment

Working...
      X