Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video -> wifi

Just curious:

Are there standalone device that take a video/audio input and stream it on a wifi networK?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

a sling box may be close.. at least it will take the video and put it on ethernet.
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

I was hoping for a more portable solution... I know there are wifi security cams, so the technology is there...

But thanks!

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
        I was hoping for a more portable solution... I know there are wifi security cams, so the technology is there...

But thanks!

Jörg

Just noticed this one today.

HAVA Titanium HD WIFI

The HAVA Titanium HD WIFI offers wireless flexibility and convenience when watching TV on your PC in the home or out on the deck. Turn your PC into a PVR and record favorite TV shows directly to an internal PC hard disk or an externally attached USB hard disk or simpley burn them to a DVD for playback or archiving purposes. HAVA Titanium HD WIFI also allows you to timeshift (pause, fast forward & rewind) your live TV on any PC so you will never miss that pivotal sports moment again! HAVA Titanium HD WIFI is built with the future in mind, with the ability to upgrade from the existing 802.11g USB wireless dongle to a 802.11n dongle (available soon) protecting your investment and maintaining our commitment to stream the highest quality video over your wireless home network. With the HAVA Titanium HD WIFI you can connect any HD video source and watch TV on a Microsoft Media Center, XP or Vista PC without having a TV Tuner installed. If you have multiple PC's on the home network, no problem, HAVA can stream live TV to multiple PC's simultaneously and to another internet connected PC or cell phone somewhere else in the world!
        Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

I came across that item too... but it still is not really portable...

The idea would be to stream video to compact clients (wifi equiped mobile phone, pda, ...), so HD is not needed.

Just as an example: linksys makes wireless video cameras, and they are quite compact. So something along those lines, but with a video/audio input rather than its own camera/mic would be ideal...

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Working...
          X