Wii Wii Mon Ami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii Wii Mon Ami

So we got ChooChoo a Wii for her birthday(8!) Tuesday.
    The package we got came with Mario Cart and an extra controller and wheel.
    This will be a big hit no doubt. She loves cars and driving games.

My question is: any "gotta haves" with a Wii?
    You know, stuff you really should have, extra good games, controller covers, chargers, etc...

She has a DS and is quite the 1337 gamer with it. Drives the boys crazy: "how did you get there!?" etc.
    But we have never owned a gaming system before so would appreciate advice.
    Last edited by cjolley; 12 September 2008, 21:57.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

rule 1, get all 4 controllers
    look up something like Sonic the hedgehog, one of the first releases, single play, i played for 45 seconds and shut it down.

It does however have an excelent party mode with stacks of mini games that adults and kids will find bucket loads of fun.

There are other party game titles out there, just can't think of one off the top of my head
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Mario Galaxy is a very good game.
      And there is Sonic and Mario at the Olympics
      Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Star wars and soon to be released, Lego Batman
      And as Sasq mentioned, Mario party 8 or 9 for the Wii is good too!

Cheers,
      Elie

Comment

Rayman's! (1 and 2)

The Wario game is supposed to be good too.
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I heard good things about super paper mario.
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Go to Nintendo's site and register the Wii. You get free stuff - if your Wii didn't come with controller gloves and heavy-duty wrist straps, they'll send a 4-pack to you for FREE.

Next get Mario Galaxies. Zelda isn't - at the risk of being accused of heresy - a must own for this system, at least not the current iteration. It's great, but not special compared to the GC version.

Logan likes EA Playground (not sure if it's out in the USA though, ours is the European version). Carnival Games is really good too... but so are Wii Sports, Wii Play, etc.

For minigames and multiplayer, you can't go wrong with WarioWare or Mario Party. (Both have Wii versions!)

And of COURSE there's Lego Star Wars (Complete Saga), Lego Indiana Jones, and Lego Batman (next week).
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Great ideas.

As for Lego Star Wars. well that is one of the games she is really good at on her DS so I thought we would get her the DS Indiana for Christmas.
              Is there an advantage to having it on the Wii?

Her favorite games for her DS are LSW, Yoshi's Island and Spiderman.
              She was definitely the only girl at her school with a Spiderman backpack last year.
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Umm... well the Lego games are completely different, level-wise, for the Wii. At least "The Complete Saga" is. "Indiana Jones" has benefits on both systems - there are DS-only levels, and also Wii-only bonus levels. So... *shrug*

So even if she loves LSW for the DS, it's different for the Wii. And the graphics are a whole step above. *grin*
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Must have: controllers and chargers for them!
                  Don't bother with the stupid addons like tennis raquets, glof clubs.

We have quite a collection now, but the stuff that holds our attention comes down to:

Wii Sports - which you presmably already have?
                  Wii Fit - good exercise as well as fun and a great way to keep track of your weight and BMI.
                  (recent addition) Guitar Hero III. Only got it last week for my 40th, but its getting lots of play.
                  Luke (nearly 11) says Mario Party 8 is the best thing we have for the Wii, but to be honest he prefers the PC and the PS2.
                  FT.

Comment

Working...
                  X