Spore DRM is a fungicide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spore DRM is a fungicide?

Has anyone purchased Spore? I've been reading some of the reviews on Amazon.com and /. article, and apparently the DRM on Spore is single-handedly killing one of the most anticipated games in years.

AC Dude writes "Will an anti-DRM flash mob that's determined to give EA's latest sim game Spore a rock bottom rating on Amazon.com sink the game, or will Spore evolve and shed the DRM? Is this the beginning of the end for DRM-laden games? 'Over the past few years we've focused a lot on the music ind...

Has anyone played it? How is the actual game, DRM aside?
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Maybe with that and recent success of another Stardock game that practically doesn;t have DRM they will figure that one out, finally...

And no, I don't expect them to abolish DRM completelly; but - do it like the one Blizzard uses in many games, the one that will stop casual copying. Much stronger than that and you're pissing off your customers while at the same time not really hindering pirates (who get a better product)

Comment

Got a cracked version, playing it right now.
      So far, it's NICE. Reminds me of Populus.
      Not a game I'd spend -so- much time on, but that's me.

Bottom line, I don't think I'll be buying it.
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I loved Populous

Comment

I'm in the galactic era now, cheating like mad (ofcourse, as always). I might end up buying it afterall. I'll know better once I 'finish' it once.
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

That section in the manual was a misprint and will be corrected in future printings of the manual. There is one Spore registration/account per game/serial code so you are correct in that you cannot make multiple accounts at this time. I have sent your guys' feedback to the game team though since I can understand the desire to share a game on a system that you entire family uses.
            I'm not buying this game just on principle

Comment

Working...
            X