Can Somebody Explain Please ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Somebody Explain Please ?

I am on an dynamic internet IP account which normally changes its IP address when the modem is switched off. It would take about 10 minuits to change to another IP address with my present ISP. I remember that it has been almost instant with my other ISP. Is there a time-out that can be set by my ISP to reduce the time interval for the change ?
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Dynamic IPs are no guarantee your IP will change; rather, they are just the lack of a guarantee that your IP will stay the same.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

@ az,

Thanks. Sounds reasonable.

Comment

Somewhere in there process there is a "lease time" which is more less how long you will keep that IP, not sure if there is anyway of getting this value, in theory you modem/router might have this value stored (as recieved form ISP)

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman View Post
          Somewhere in there process there is a "lease time" which is more less how long you will keep that IP, not sure if there is anyway of getting this value, in theory you modem/router might have this value stored (as recieved form ISP)
          Yes, that's the way I knew it happend. As I stated in my initial post, with my PREVIOUS ISP the address would change in a few seconds after switching off the modem. Now with my present ISP it is taking about 10 mins.
          Last edited by Debbie; 8 September 2008, 02:11.

Comment

Working...
          X