I have a PII 450 @ 517Mhz with FSB @ 115 on the Asus P3B-f,
    using Jumper-Free setting.
    how can I get higher speeds??
    I've seen someone with the same CPU @ 550Mhz

Thank you in advance!

C-dude

I do not know, do you?

I forgot something,

I've got 100Mhz Ram Won't I damage it even greater clock speeds??

C-dude
    I do not know, do you?

Comment

To get to higher speeds you will need to increase the bus speed. The closest you can get to 550 MHz on a P3B-F is 540 MHz (4.5x120) or 558 MHz (4.5x124). To get your CPU there you may need to add more cooling to your CPU. If you are running a stock/retail cooler look into an alternate cooler for your PII ( www.2cooltek.com ). The increased bus speed will put strain on the rest of your computer because of the increased bus speed, but your peripherals should be able to handle it.

As for killing your RAM...it depends on what type of RAM you have. If you have some good high quality PC100 RAM, then you shouldn't have any troubles. You may need to tweak your CAS/RAS settings to get it to work though. If you have el cheapo RAM, you may not be able to make it. You will have to play with it to find out.

Jammrock

------------------
      PIII 450@504, 256 MB RAM, 35 GB total w/ WD Experts, Abit UDMA 66 controller, CL 6x DVD, PLEXTOR 8x4x32 ATAPI CD-RW (my newest toy), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, LinkSys Etherfast 10/100, DSI 56k modem, Addtronics 6896A Case w/ a crap load of fans and Dynmat noise dampening, MAG DX715T monitor.

Hi, my name is Jammrock. I'm a computer phreak and an EverCrack addict.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Thank you MR. Jammrock!

C-dude
        I do not know, do you?

Comment

Also note that if you push your FSB beyond what your SDRAM can handle, you may have to use the "clear cmos" jumper to be able to boot again. Make sure that you know how to setup your bios before pushing too far.

Comment

Working...
          X