Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with my Athlo-System under Win nt 4

Hi,

I have tremendous problems getting my shortly bought new Athlon-System to run stable in WIN Nt4 (Service Pack 4). While working I encounter Blue Screens of Death. Those not only appear while working with applications such as Photoshop 5.5 or Illustrator 8.0 but also while performing simple system tasks such as logging in, copying files or installing new applications. The BOD’s actually refer to all loaded device-drivers but especially to the following files NTOSKRNL.EXE and NTFS.SYS. Moreover the BOD Screen tells me „Creation of a memory-dump has been started" and also the following: „IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I hope that someone can help me out, because I really need my system for working purposes.

Here my configuration:
    350 W Netzteil (specified) Ampere on 5 V and 3 V channels
    Asus K7M (Bios 1209)
    Athlon 600
    Matrox G400 Dual Head (Drivers from the original CD - non BETA)
    128 SD-RAM (Pc100)
    1 Fijutsu 6.4 GB 7200/UDMA-66 (4048 MB used - therefore w/o Partition Magic)
    3 IBM 18.2 GB 7200/UDMaA-66 (RAID-0)
    1 Adaptec 2940 Hostadapter
    1 Plextor 12* CD-Rom
    1* Netzwerkkarte 3COM (Standard)

All Bios settings are in the standard mode and the bus clock is set to 100 MHZ. I installed the newest VIA-Drivers and the Bios 1209.

Hope that someone could help me!!

Doc.

Irq_not_less_or_equal that does mean you have an irq shared between two peripherals NT4 always access, i have had this error too when i had my graphic card sharing it's irq with my scsi card (NT4 doesn't give a shit to gfx card irq, but when it's shared it does not love it) so just have a look at your irqs since you use nt4 you just don't need usb so disable it, and so for acpi... free the maximum irq you can and move your peripherals in order to have only single irq everywhere

That's all

Ken

Comment

athlon and matrox don't match (yet)
      see my other posting
      even matrox acknowledges "issues" on their website...

Comment

Working...
      X