Google Chrome is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Chrome is out

Chrome is the official web browser from Google, built to be fast, secure, and customizable. Download now and make it yours.

Posting from it.
    Can you hear me now?

It seems VERY fast but I came here first so haven't been around the net with it yet.

PS Arghhh. It doesn't show my Chinese sig.

PPS I added Chinese support and it still doesn't show. hmmmm...

PPPS It seems really, really fast.
    Last edited by cjolley; 2 September 2008, 12:32.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Very fast, very ugly, but really like the task manager feature.

Comment

Yeah, the task manager is cool.

I don't think it's ugly.
        But I would like to dump the "Bookmarks Bar" and still be able to get to my favorites...

My office mate is busy seeing if he can get it to install and run in Wine on Linux
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

OMG, it's FAAAAAST!!
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Middle click scrolling doesn't work! agghh!!
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Man it's FAST!!!! Thanks Haig for info!

Now if I can find the "home" button.. hmmmm

Comment

Also it doesn't seem to have any way to export or save your bookmarks.
                That could be a problem if, for instance, you were to get a new computer.

PS no luck with wine though. I tried too.
                Last edited by cjolley; 2 September 2008, 14:01.
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Guys just read their license agreement... be very carefull here before you use Chrome!!!

CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.

Especially item #2 woah!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
                    Guys just read their license agreement... be very carefull here before you use Chrome!!!

CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.

Especially item #2 woah!!
                    "By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or through, the services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the services and may be revoked for certain services as defined in the additional terms of those services."
                    What content is this talking about?
                    They can't possibly mean that they think they get a license for any content displayed in the browser.
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

I think it goes like this... say you posted here at MURC about something Google related using Chrome, Google now has the rights to use that post you made for promotion purposes and other services whatever that may be.

Once I read that I quickly uninstalled it. Sheeesh!!!!! I think this will hit them hard once the message goes out.

Comment

Not a chance.
                        That would be suicide and they know it.
                        Even if they had some reason to want such a thing.
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley View Post
                          Not a chance.
                          That would be suicide and they know it.
                          Even if they had some reason to want such a thing.

Perhaps, but people will take extra caution before downloading.

Anyway, did anyone figure out how to get the tool bar?
                          Or even display the home button?

Thanks,
                          Elie

Comment

I saw this download offered last night but I thought I'd wait to see user reviews on security issues. I'm concerned about plug-ins/extensions, ActiveX, JVM, etc., all of which I avoid where possible. What's the word?
                            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by xortam View Post
                              I saw this download offered last night but I thought I'd wait to see user reviews on security issues. I'm concerned about plug-ins/extensions, ActiveX, JVM, etc., all of which I avoid where possible. What's the word?
                              Well for me, not having Adblock Plus and NoScript disqualifies it from being my default browser.
                              But man is it fast.
                              Chuck
                              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                              X