Volt pics @ Transformers 2 set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volt pics @ Transformers 2 set

Not the highest detail save for the shot of the center console from another source.

The silver piece in front of each rear view mirror mount is a plug-in panel.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 August 2008, 00:01.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Exterior is looking good in those shots (though either the car is very long, or not made for tall people in the back).

But what's with the cheap white plastic in the middle console?
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Note that the pic is still one of a prototype. Also; my guess is that the material will vary with the interior package.

As for the interior: they're designing front and back to fit the 95th percentile, meaning someone ~ 6' 4"

What may be throwing you off is the semi-lowrider type roof line similar to what was on the show car, but that can be countered by high side panels. Another car that does this is the Chrysler 300, and my 6' 1.5" 300 lb frame fits in the back of one of those easily.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 August 2008, 07:19.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

We'll see, my interest certainly is piqued.

Though I hope they do away with the plethora of buttons featuring no haptive feedback and uniform look.

Comment

Just had another thought on that center panel;

If you want to make clear in print the details of the panel you use black symbols on a light background. White symbols on dark background doesn't always cut it.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

What you need in a car are controls you don't have to look at. You do that by providing tactile feedback. Also, white on black does always cut it, especially since in cars buttons are usually back-illuminated when it gets dark. You don't want the whole panel to glow.

There is enough good stuff about the car that there really is no need to defend its obvious shortcomings.

Comment

Working...
            X