Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audio file + photo -> video

Hello,

Perhaps a strange question, but are there tools to easily convert an audio file (e.g. .flac) and a still photo (.jpg) to a video file?
    (alternatively, the audiofile could be in AAC or MP3)

The video would just have to show the still image for as long as the audio track runs.

And can this be done in batch?

Thanks!

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 28 August 2008, 02:18.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Plenty of tools available, but you don't state what kind of video file you wish to create. The most universal audio file format is WAV and I would recommend this for ease of use over some of the more compressed formats. You may be able to do it with the free Super, depending on many factors, but you would be better off with an entry-level NLE, such as Corel/Ulead VideoStudio 11 (soon to be 12!), as offering much more flexibility and needing less technical know-how (wizard-driven). You can get a free 30-day trial version from here
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I kept the type of video file open, as there usually is room for conversion. The most likely use will be for playback on a iPod sitting in a specific dock, so a direct conversion to the iPod format would be perfect. The flac files contain meta information which could be retained as much as possible (I'm not sure if this is possible in wav).

Main interest is as little interaction as possible; some thoughts of workflow are:
      1. select a x audio files and one image, and have it output x video files
      2. match filenames: filename.flac and filename.jpg => video file
      (1. will be the most common)

Using an NLE will require (relatively speaking) a lot of interaction.

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
      X