Youtube in High quality!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube in High quality!

It seems that Youtube finally "fixed" my biggest issue with them, the crappy quality

any movie in divx, xvid, x26(whatever) with a rez higher than 480*360 and a bitrate over 1000kbps gets an option to "view in high quality"

And you can force it on all older movies by adding "&fmt=18" to the url

and add to that, that youtube raised the size limit to 1024mb

unfortunately they still have the 10 min limit

Still; this is Great
    Last edited by Technoid; 26 August 2008, 05:15. Reason: bitrate I stated is to low with xvid and divx so I corrected it
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

So now we can watch some stoner do a blue flamer in HD?
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
      So now we can watch some stoner do a blue flamer in HD?

nope,

its still limited to 425*344 (and that is not HD how ever you try and pitch it)
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
        unfortunately they still have the 10 min limit
        Yes and no. The youtube version at the bottom of this link (Cyprus government film on the environment) is 10 min 40s but I don't know how far you can go over the 10 min. In any case, the larger embedded WMV at the top is better quality!
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Yeah, there is some tolerance when it comes to exceeding 10 min.

And IMHO they're too restrictive in making the "high quality" option visible...I have few videos that look much better with it (basically - they were uploaded in comparable resolution/encoding quality to Youtube high quality standard) where it isn't present...

Comment

Working...
          X