Thank God it's over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank God it's over!

Life can now get back to normal, with nations battering other nations' egos in the traditional manner. I can see Mount Olympus from here, and it's as beautiful as ever, except for those damned military listening posts sitting on the top of it, by Zeus!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

For us, it's just the end of the beginning. "How do we cap that?" is the general theme.
    FT.

Comment

First of all get rid of London's megalomaniac clowns, Boris and Seb, and morons like David. Then make the Olympics technically perfect but do not spend a penny on opening/closing ceremonies. Make them a typical British understatement, rather than a show. Light the torch simply by hand. Don't spend a bent penny on anything that is not directly related to the games. Any new constructions should be usable after the event. Force the IOC to relinquish all but the traditional games: scrap things like beach volleyball, which are popular only because of the costumes the girls wear, football and VTT, down to a max of 200 events. Functionality is the keyword.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
        For us, it's just the end of the beginning. "How do we cap that?" is the general theme.
        Let's see...
        John Cleese, Eric Idle, Michael Palin, Terry Griffin, ... Could there be a theme emerging here?
        (bound to be something original)

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

To me, Olympics are getting more and more like the Eurovision..
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

And that ain't a compliment to the Olympics.

At least the Olympics still have what makes it great, just bloated with stuff. Eurovision, just kill it IMHO.

Having said that, apparantly Anouk, a world-famous (in the Netherland) rock/rythem&blues singer is trying to represent us next year. I'm sure she'll do absolutely great and not make the finals.
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Loved her hit 'Michel', will probably listen to her Eurovision song once the horror is over and done.
              For me, and excuse my politically incorrectness, take all the slander, rude and mean stereotypes about the gay community, mix them together and you get the Eurovision.
              "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I kind of like the Olympics (despite Belgium only having one gold and one silver medal), because it gives one the opportunity to see some sports that are normally not shown on television (here).

Eurovision, I agree with Umfriend.

Jörg
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                X