Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if your haveing problems and you have a a3d sound card .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if your haveing problems and you have a a3d sound card .

ok i was haveing problems i was so sure were related to either the g400 or my cpu or some other bug ect.... i was reading on the amdzones tech support forum that the a3d sound card was haveing problems with k7 systems and video cards, and that the ref drivers were helping but not sloveing everyones problems. well any way ive got a platnum card( mostly empty too) and been thinking live gamer so i said what the hey ill do it give it a try if i don't like it copy the games and return the card. well im keeping the card install was a snap worked flawlessly eax rules over a3d (not to menion what i can do to play back on cd's) i forced a crash (opened the cd drive while reading a cd will crash my system every time) and booted back to windows with no problem. (usally a crash will resolt in locked up video drivers that only a uninstall in safe mode will fix.) 2x agp apears to be working now. operngl any way witch allways locked up the video with sound repetting in the back ground. now please note ive also updated my eied drivers to the new ones and dx 7a is in as well as increaseing my core voltage to 1.8 (cpu core) so the live may or may not have helped its just that going right from a vortex 2 card to the live and im so impressed with the live that i had to tell some one. so if your debateting witch to get gat the xgamer and if you have a friend have him get the mp3+ so you can get all the nice software that comes with it too (make copys)

got to say this too i thought my klipsch promedia speakers sounded good on the v2 card wow that much better on the live.)

------------------
    its here, it's together and all the bugs are worked out.
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650.(not overclocked its a real 650 they underclcoked.) 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic and 56k ext modem, xitel p storm sound card. lots of controlers joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel, and 19in monitor,microsoft inteli mouse explorer(5 buttons). klip promedia v2-400 speakers.

noel
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Hmmm never had a problem with the Vortex2's I've installed
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I've never had problems with Vortex-based cards too, until recently.
      My Aureal SQ2500 was working, but now I get a very annoying error that I'm sure is due to my Aureal soundcard.(uninstall Aureal drivers and problem disappears).

If I click on the "Start" menu in Win98 I ALWAYS get the following blue screen error message:

An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C1695A17 in VXD AU30CORE(()1) + 00082467. This was called from 0028 48B005 in VXD---.

I am able to continue, but this is a VERY annoying problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Aureal drivers (from CD; still this most recent drivers), and the problem was fixed for a bit, but now it's back, and un-installing and re-installing does not help and is very persistent. My AU8830 devices are on IRQ 4, and not sharing with anything, aside from PCI IRQ sharing. No conflicts are listed for the system manager for the Vortes AU8830 multifunction PCI platform. Anyone else have this problem?

------------------
      ------------------------
      PIII450 => 504 MHz, Asus P2B, G400MAX, PowerDesk 5.30, Aureal SQ 2500 (Vortex2), Klipsch Promedia V2.400 speakers, DirectX 7.0, Adaptec AHA-2940U2W and Fireport40 Dual UW SCSI controllers, Quantum Atlas 10K and WD Enterprise HDs, Plextor UtraPlex Wide, S&F 4012 CDR, the last ISA modem, etc.

Comment

This may be a long shot, but maybe the sound card want an IRQ above 9.

Comment

Brian,

Nice suggestion...I didn't think of that, and it passed by Aureal tech support. Unfortunately I don't have any available, without doing the IRQ shuffle. Speaking of Aureal technical support, I sent them essentially this message, got a prompt response asking me what MB I was using....haven't heard back from them in a week.

------------------
          ------------------------
          PIII450 => 504 MHz, Asus P2B, G400MAX, PowerDesk 5.30, Aureal SQ 2500 (Vortex2), Klipsch Promedia V2.400 speakers, DirectX 7.0, Adaptec AHA-2940U2W and Fireport40 Dual UW SCSI controllers, Quantum Atlas 10K and WD Enterprise HDs, Plextor UtraPlex Wide, S&F 4012 CDR, the last ISA modem, etc.

Comment

I thought my ProMedias sounded good through my PCI 64 (and they do) but recently I was resurrecting my uncle's machine which has a live and once up and runnung with lw3 produced sound that made me consider seriously switching cards

Sweeeeet
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

No problems here with my SQ2500. Sound Blaster Emulation is on IRQ 5 and Vortex PCI is on IRQ 10 with my PCI modem and PCI to USB controller. It took a little of the IRQ shuffle to get them there, but its worked flawlessly since.

RAB
              AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

well heres an update, what ever i did fixed the problem my system has not crashed in over a week. (and ive used it too ) all of my problems have gone away. i really think it was an isuee with my old xitel platnum storm card and the msi6167. the sblive is still running great and is ocupying the same irq's that the xitel was. (irq 11) my system is definity stable and perfect now. (now i got to make it run even faster hehehehehehehehehehehe (oh ya im loseing my mind)))))

------------------
                msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic and 56k ext modem, sb live xgamer sound card, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, microsoft inteli mouse explorer(5 buttons, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers.

noel

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Working...
                X