physx accel nv/ati combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• physx accel nv/ati combo

I have a ati 4870 as my main video card and was hoping to use a spare 8600gts as a physx accelerator.

But I have had nothing but grief, as soon as I enable the 8600gts it reboots the machine.

I have tried cat 8.7 and 8.8 and the physx enabled 1.77.83 for the 8600

This is with XP pro x64.

Anyone tried nv physx and got it working?

I even tried and ealier non physx driver for the 8600 but the same thing.

Also whenever I enable the 8600, I lose a couple hundred megs of main memory on the next reboot.
    I am using a pair of dual core opterons that support hardware remapping of memory which usually gives me my full 8G?

As far as i understood it, the Physx thing works by taking some of the shaders from the display system, not a second card in the system.
    If you had SLi setup, one of the cards could be dedicated to PhysX.

I don't think you can just set up one extra card (yet) and just tell it to be a PhysX adapter.

The memory is Nv TurboCache. Depending on how much memory you really have on the card, it will make it up to 512Mb or even 1Gb by borrowing from system memory, slowing that part of your system down in the process...
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
    X