Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I got something on my PC and it select not go away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I got something on my PC and it select not go away.

Hi, I got something on my PC and it nameination wishes as not go away.
    on the tend of every time I use my Windows Explorer there is a despatch that pops up and says that there is a perilous elapse and I indigence to download an antivirus from relieved of-viruscan.com . My computer prerequisite not let me eneter the -boy saying that it is Web simulate and I continue wishes as be in peril if I prerequisite jot down the site.
    Kaspersky does not discern any virus or bug on my machine. delighted urge me how do I get rid of it.
    relevant reliable you!

Try This . Additional info Here .
    Last edited by DJ; 20 August 2008, 21:32.

Comment

I'm guessing this is a spambot of some kind, but am not quite sure...
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Its one of the rogue Antivirus.

Comment

"Relevant Reliable You" - I'll have to use that somewhere

- Steve

Comment

You must have picked some kind of trojan (malware), like spy sheriff. Try and find it's name using an anti virus software. You could possibly deal with it once you discover it's name.
            We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Download smitfraudfix, boot in safe mode and have it clean this.

I've seen couple of instances of this: antivirus.xp, privacy guard... basically spam you with endless popups inciting you to buy full version. If smithfraudfix doesn't kill it, google for processess and do a manual cleanup according to instructions google comes up with.

After that empty recycle bin, delete temporary files (Windows\Temp, Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temp) and scan your computer with normal antivirus and spybot SD.
              Last edited by UtwigMU; 21 August 2008, 21:56.

Comment

yup, my brother copped that trojan/virus.
                I manually deleted and killed a whole bunch of suspect processes and files and then did some cleaning up of registry.

It took a about 10 reboots to find and clean all its tendrils.

Then a day later I found about the smitfraudfix when I was tracking down the ****oles who did the anti virus xp 2008

There are a lot of variants out there eg av xp 2008, av vista 2008,.....etc

It plays around in registry and disables as much admin stuff as it can and then changes the desktop to a virus warning, can also take over your admin account.

Comes packed with keyloggers fake BSOD's and miriad of remote control and other assorted nasties which constantly installs while it is active.

I wish I could submit their dodgy website to someone who could take them down or better still someone who breaks legs

Comment

Its quite obvious that the original poster was joking or he got his problem fixed as you would note that he has not bothered to reply since posting. However the link I posted has a removal tool specifically for that virus for anyone interested.

Comment

I still think the original post originated from a spam bot of some kind.
                    pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                      I still think the original post originated from a spam bot of some kind.
                      I don't know what would give you that idea...

Comment

I couldn't find it the day it was posted... Seems like my guess was right.

Jörg
                        pixar

Comment

Working...
                        X