Aaaaaand big news again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaaaand big news again!

So I haven't been super active for a while, but that's not unusual. Big news on the Gurm front, though.

We're moving - again. House being sold from under us, so as tenants we were given marching orders. D'oh!

New job - and a great one at that. That's old news (from March) but figured I'd make it official.

Aaaaand... another baby on the way. Yikes!
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
    So I haven't been super active for a while, but that's not unusual. Big news on the Gurm front, though.

We're moving - again. House being sold from under us, so as tenants we were given marching orders. D'oh!

New job - and a great one at that. That's old news (from March) but figured I'd make it official.

Hey, multiple congrats!
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

congratulations.. it may be a tad early to annouce itmyself, but we have another one due in March too .. and may be moving too, if we can get the house we are bidding on
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

So sorry....

Congrats!

Shouldn't that "Yikes!" sound more like "Oops" ?

Congrats!!!

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Tjalfe View Post
          congratulations.. it may be a tad early to annouce itmyself, but we have another one due in March too .. and may be moving too, if we can get the house we are bidding on

Congrats to you too!!!

Looks like we need to create a "Kiddie Korner" forum around here....

Comment

Originally posted by ND66 View Post
            Shouldn't that "Yikes!" sound more like "Oops" ?

Congrats!!!
            Yes, it should sound more like "exercising every day, feeling better about yourself and thus more 'in the mood', and then forgetting your pills... may cause pregnancy!"
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

#3?

Comment

Boo! Congrats! Congrats!

In that order.
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Congrats on the bambino

Tip: the real estate market is very depressed, of course, so you can get many houses for 1/2 to 3/4 what they're worth.

Example: we're buying a $225,000 home for $122,000, one that's in perfect condition with all the extras, all appliances (Kitchen Aid), landscaped, in a nice neighborhood, close to schools (2 blocks from the elementary where Margie works & 0.5 miles from the middle school) and on a dead end street (read no through traffic).

Also;

The Feds have implemented 3% down payment FHA mortgages to help with the housing situation (you can put more down of course). Interest rates are running 6-7.5 percent fixed, 30 years with FHA loan insurance.

If you can come up with a the down payment ($3k for a 100,000 house) and enough to pay 1 year of homeowners insurance up front most times you can get the sellers, often a bank on the hook these days, to pay the closing costs.

Required credit score: 500 (poor) and up, which to be honest all but the worst deadbeats can meet.

You also have to meet income qualifications, meaning you have enough disposable income to make payments, but most employed folks can do that if they can pay rent.
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 August 2008, 08:05.
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                    Congrats on the bambino

Tip: the real estate market is very depressed, of course, so you can get many houses for 1/2 to 3/4 what they're worth.

Example: we're buying a $225,000 home for $122,000, one that's in perfect condition with all the extras, all appliances (Kitchen Aid), landscaped, in a nice neighborhood, close to schools (2 blocks from the elementary where Margie works & 0.5 miles from the middle school) and on a dead end street (read no through traffic).

Also;

The Feds have implemented 3% down payment FHA mortgages to help with the housing situation (you can put more down of course). Interest rates are running 6-7.5 percent fixed, 30 years with FHA loan insurance.

If you can come up with a the down payment ($3k for a 100,000 house) and enough to pay 1 year of homeowners insurance up front most times you can get the sellers, often a bank on the hook these days, to pay the closing costs.

Required credit score: 500 (poor) and up, which to be honest all but the worst deadbeats can meet.

You also have to meet income qualifications, meaning you have enough disposable income to make payments, but most employed folks can do that if they can pay rent.

Yeah, but you're disqualified from this program if your student loans aren't squeaky-clean. Mine will be later this year, and then next summer we ought to have enough saved. Houses in this area run $300k (yeah, welcome to Massachusetts) so we'll need to save up $10k-ish.

Comment

Detroit housing prices....(gotta check this)

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

how is detroits job market doing now? if people can't spend $1 on a house, then there is a big problem there
                        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Detroit itself is dying - save for some new auto plants getting improved.

GM will be building the Volt at their Poletown plant and Chrysler is spending $1.8 billion on their Jefferson North plant to build a car-based Jeep (Jeeps are selling like hotcakes). Chrysler is also working on some projects to be built in conjunction with Nissan (cars) and VW (a minivan).

Neither is enough to stem the city's problems, especially with Mayor Jailbird in office.

After his removal (a foregone conclusion at this point) maybe things will improve, but with him around no one is willing to risk investment.

Here in the suburbs things are better, sometimes great, and the further from downtown you are the better it is. Up around Traverse City (NW portion of the mitten) things are booming.
                          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 August 2008, 10:44.
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Congratulations Gurm!
                            I'm with two now and it's more and frustration than I expected but I can't say I'm not proud and happy.
                            Eitan and Irene:
                            Last edited by TransformX; 13 August 2008, 10:01.
                            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Woohoo
                              Many Congrats Gurm...

hehe, I was sort of lucky in the fact i couldn't get a student loan...
                              It didn't help my parents tho, who coughed it all up...for 3 kids...I was the last thru Uni...

I don't have ANY debts tho, and am basically homeless, but hey Whats life...?
                              Last edited by Evildead666; 13 August 2008, 10:56.
                              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
                              X