video card question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video card question

My buddy is considering getting an e-machine,is an ATI Rage XL 3D AGP with 8MB SDRAM an acceptable video card?All the other specs seem ok for the price.
    gobrob

My boss has one of those in his machine (remember, this is a pre-Rage128 chip).

It's barely a 3D card. Not much more than a MillenniumII in that department. It sucks hard in games.

I've also had trouble with it just at the desktop (visual anamolies, etc.), and it just up and died one day. Went into stand-by mode, and never woke back up. Unfortunatly, all the boss would get was a direct RMA replacement (he didn't want to spend any money), so that's the card he still uses. I dread hearing him say "There's something wrong with my PC", cause it's ususally related to that card...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks Kruzin and a Merry Christmas to you.Ill tell him he can put a g400 in it or itll suck and let him decide.
      gobrob

Comment

Working...
      X