A123 Systems, auto LiION battery company, files IPO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A123 Systems, auto LiION battery company, files IPO

A123 is working with Germany's Continental on a battery for the GM Volt. Another pair working on batteries for the Volt are LG Chem/CPI (Korean).

Wanxiang A123 Systems Corp The company has a global patent for super nano lithium iron phosphate, which is the world's best technology for high safety, high power, and long life lithium iron phosphate batteries,

A123Systems Files Registration Statement for Initial Public Offering

Watertown, MA - August 08, 2008 - A123 Systems, Inc. announced today that it has filed a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission relating to the proposed initial public offering of its common stock.

The joint book-running managers of the proposed offering will be Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated and Goldman Sachs & Co. Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated will serve as co-lead manager, and Broadpoint Capital, Inc. and Lazard Capital Markets LLC will serve as co-managers.

A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission but has not yet become effective. These securities may not be sold, nor may offers to buy be accepted prior to the time the registration statement becomes effective. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction.

Once available, a preliminary prospectus relating to these securities may be obtained from Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated, Prospectus Department, 180 Varick Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10014, telephone: 866-718-1649 or by emailing prospectus@morganstanley.com and from Goldman Sachs & Co., Prospectus Department, 100 Burma Road, Jersey City, NJ 07035, telephone: 212-902-1171, facsimile: 212-902-9316 or by emailing prospectus-ny@ny.email.gs.com

About A123Systems

A123Systems develops and manufactures advanced lithium-ion batteries and battery systems for the transportation, electric grid services and portable power markets. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Massachusetts, A123Systems' patented NanophosphateTM technology includes nanoscale materials initially developed at and exclusively licensed from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

We've been using A123's M1 cells for R/C aircraft for a bit now (whenever Milwaulkee released their Lithium powered cordless tools). These cells do not have many of the limitation standard Lithium Polymer Ion cells eg, limited temperature range, current discharge rates and a long recharge cycle, M1's can charge in 15 minutes or so.

I'd invest capitol on this company. What they have in the 'works' is going to change alot of things
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yup. Another company using A123''s batteries is Daimler in their Orion VII hybrid buses.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X