Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon VIXIA - 24mbps AVCHD

Link....

August 8, 2008 Canon today introduced three new camcorders in their VIXIA range, each capable of recording Full HD (1920 x 1080) to internal storage or an SDHC card at 24Mbps - the highest possible quality that the AVCHD format allows. The VIXIA HF11 features an internal 32GB flash drive, while the HG20 and HG21 pack 60GB and 120GB hard drives respectively - at the cost of a larger frame.

All three models feature a Canon-designed lens and CMOS sensor, and Canon's DIGIC DV II Image Processor, Instant AutoFocus and SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization technologies. Also included is Pixela ImageMixer 3SE video editing software, which supports Blu-ray disc burning.

Available in September, the pricing is as follows:
    • Canon VIXIA HF11: US$1199
    • Canon VIXIA HG20: US$949
    • Canon VIXIA HG21: US$1299
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

24Mbps transfer rate, huh? Now we're talking!

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

efgh418 banned.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

No view finder. Keeping cost down??
        paulw

Comment

Recently read a good review on this cam on camcorderinfo.com. They noted that there was barely a difference between the old 17Mbps model and this one at 24Mbps in image quality. And they posted a few stills for comparision. The problem is they didn't test with material that would require more bandwidth, meaning fast motion. I'd like to see something that makes the HF10 fall apart with the HF11.
          - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Originally posted by paulw View Post
            No view finder. Keeping cost down??

New trend of keeping things "mini".

I have one, is sucks in the bright light. However, you can see something, that’s more then I expected from it.

But, I don’t see how one can control manual exposure in that condition.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Working...
            X