Songs Stuck in your Head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs Stuck in your Head?

Foo Fighters. It's the one they've been playing on the radio lately, Let It Die or whatever it's called. It's been stuck in my head for about a week.

I had the SouthPark Theme stuck in my head for about 2 years off and on (no lies).

What song(s) do you get stuck in your head? Do you get longterm recurring ones too (like me w/ SouthPark)?
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

I couldn't get Henry Mancini's "A Shot In The Dark" out of my head all last weekend.

Kevin

Comment

I had that Amy MacDonald song stuck in my head for a while ("This is the life"), recently it is Freaky Age ("Where do we go now").

Long term stuck is a timeless piece of classical music, main reason most likely is that I can't figure out from what composer/piece it is...

Strangely enough, when I hear the song again, it usually "leaves" my head. I had read an article that confirms this, claiming it has with some "hook" in the song, not hearing a proper finish of that hook causes it to stick. Once you hear the hook finish, it becomes easier to forget it...

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

won't... stop... playing... ahhHH!H!H!H!11
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

the end is the beginning is the end
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Whatever one I want, unfortunatley I can't decide to turn it off, but at least I can choose which ever I want
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
              the end is the beginning is the end
              I also hear "The Beginning Is the End Is the Beginning" by Smashing Pumpkins

Had it in my head ever since seeing the Watchmen trailer before Dark Knight
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Ah, Southpark, imagine watching Southpark on bus screeon on 24h busride across Ucraine with Russian voiceover .

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
                  Ah, Southpark, imagine watching Southpark on bus screeon on 24h busride across Ucraine with Russian voiceover .

I should know of worse torture but somehow nothing comes to my mind....
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

How about Cartman singing "Come Sail Away?"

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                      I also hear "The Beginning Is the End Is the Beginning" by Smashing Pumpkins

Had it in my head ever since seeing the Watchmen trailer before Dark Knight

Same reason for me. I just finished reading the Watchmen graphic novel...really damn good.
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

You really wanna know?

Lots and lots of children songs.

Specifically most Raffi songs. And as my daughter calls them, "itsy spider", "little lamb", "twinkle star", "ABC's", "pop goes weasel", "fall down(ring around the rosies)". I think they are self explanatory. They are all there every minute of every day, haunting me, making me go crazy, AHHHHH! Make it stop!
                        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I **really** like the version of Itsy Bitsy Spider from the movie 8 legged freaks....kind of the Tim Burton version
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Never heard it, is it creepy?
                            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Oh HELL yeah

Problem is it wasn't in the movie sound track CD - they only played it during the titles.

PM
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X