Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker

This will give you an idea of what 'drought' means. Kouris dam is the island's biggest reservoir, supplying about half the population. http://www.cyprusliving.org/phpbb/nf...ic.php?t=10960
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Looks like you guys need one of those new desalinization plants they're building in Califlakey
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

We already have two large desalination plants and a third under construction but that's not enough. The problem with desalination is that breaking the ionic bonds holding sodium cations to hydroxyl anions and chloride anions to hydrogen cations takes a LOT of energy, which means massive CO2 emissions and concomitant pollution. Unfortunately we have neither nuclear nor renewable electricity here.

What we really need is an average rainfall each winter: this past one is the 4th <average on the trot: I measured a measly 159.2 mm this winter where the average is between 400 and 450 mm.

Comment

Simply cut down on those stupid golf courses.

Golf should be played in Scotland, where Sheep shears the grass and the Atlantic keeps it forever damp.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Wettest July on record, here.
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by DukeP View Post
            Simply cut down on those stupid golf courses.

Golf should be played in Scotland, where Sheep shears the grass and the Atlantic keeps it forever damp.

~~DukeP~~
            Agreed!

Comment

Working...
            X