What is this????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this????

I just bought a matrox card from ebay and I am not sure if it is a regular Parhelia or an MED card. It physically looks like a regular Parhelia. Windows drivers refuse to install. I get a message from the driver's setup "Matrox card not detected...". So I went ahead and 'forced' the driver installation through the windows hardware setup wizards.

After I forced installed it, i go to display properties and the card type reads: MED series.

Is there any way to know what card is this by looking at the part number??? The serial number is: MGI SON-S20A

Thank you
    Last edited by midgard; 30 July 2008, 10:48.

It isn't Parhelia, that's for sure. You should contact Matrox directly, because if it's a display controller board for Medical Imaging, then you can't find any drivers from their website.

Comment

Would it be possible to add the device id to the driver inf file ?
      If its exactly like a parhelia card, it may just be a bios flash away...?

I would have thought that the medical imaging cards would be for very high resolutions, 4kx2k, for scans and x-rays and such...
      edit : it would have to be dual link capable for such high resolutions, if not more...so not like a normal parhelia at all

It should be physically different in some way, be it memory or other...
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Well. The only Physical difference was the chip under the heatsink. It is noticeably smaller than the Parhelia chip. Other than that they are identical. I did a bios flash. Did not make a difference. I used the same application used to flash Parhelia's bios. It didnt give me any problems.

Comment

I've moved this thread over to Matrox Hardware, where it belongs and will hopefully be seen by more helpful members

The "Digital Imaging" forum is for digital photography and related stuff.
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
          X