Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watchmen DVD's schedule...

You read that right: DVD's

1. "Watchmen" hits the theaters May 6, 2009.

2. later that week a DVD of "Tales Of The Black Freighter", a story woven into the "Watchmen" graphic novels, is released starring Gerard Butler (Leonidas in "300") as the castaway. "Watchmen" creator Alan Moore has stated that "Tales Of The Black Freighter" ends up describing "the story of Adrian Veidt" - AKA Ozymandias - via allegory.

Also on this DVD is another movie from the Watchmen universe; "Under The Hood", a documentary of the characters back stories (originally this was just Nite-Owl I's autobiography).

3. 4 months later (September, 2009) the "Watchmen" DVD hits the streets.

4. at "some time" after that "Watchmen: Ultimate Edition" hits Blu-Ray with all of the above, and more including the full 5 hour directors cut of "Watchmen".
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 July 2008, 12:28.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

So in other words, go see the movie then wait for the Ultimate Edition so you don't waste your money
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

So at last they're actually gonna be using the extra space on BluRay for something interesting.
      Six million commentaries and boatloads of trailers are not 'extra goodies'.
      Adding the full directors cut is a huge bonus, a really good reason to go get the Disc...
      Ann the extra 'background' vids are also an excellent addition...

Lets hope more blockbuster movies follow this sort of production...
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

so, in 2010, I'll finaly get a reason to get a HD tv and a blueray player
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
          so, in 2010, I'll finaly get a reason to get a HD tv and a blueray player
          My bet is the Ultimate edition will be out in Oct/Nov 2009 so it can sell well before the holiday season.

We already have the HDTV's, 5 of 'em, but a BR player in the house has yet to happen.
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 July 2008, 12:20.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
            My bet is the Ultimate edition will be out in Oct/Nov 2009 so it can sell well before the holiday season.

We already have the HDTV's, 5 of 'em, but a BR player in the house has yet to happen.

well, it will take some extra months for it to come to sweden
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I suspect it will arrive in sweden first. lol

Maybe not legally, but probably...
              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
              X