Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally...

Hello,

At last I found the time to expand my flight license!

After a simple navigation flight, I talked the the instructor to plan the lesson for the conversion to Piper (4-seater). As he couldn't on Friday, I couldn't on Saturday, and other times the plane was reserved, he asked "Can you manage this afternoon?". While I hadn't anticipated that, I agreed.
    So we went to the plane, started the checks (took longer, as the cockpit is more extensive and unfamiliar) and took off. First some manoeuvres in flight (stalls, turns, autopilot), then a number of landings (including simulated engine failure on take off and other simulated emergencies). Everything went perfect, so now I can also fly the Piper Archer PA-28!
    And man, what a plane: so much more power! Superb!

Now I can truly start some longer distance flights... :-)

Jorg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Hello VJ,
    and Congratulations!

Comment

congratulations
      so what kind of plane is next? lear jet?
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Nice! Can I book you for my hols next summer?
          FT.

Comment

Hehe... Currently not taking reservations... but I do hope to visit some murcers one day.

First I need to get much better acquinted with the plane and with long navigations.

Jorg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
              Hello,

At last I found the time to expand my flight license!

After a simple navigation flight, I talked the the instructor to plan the lesson for the conversion to Piper (4-seater). As he couldn't on Friday, I couldn't on Saturday, and other times the plane was reserved, he asked "Can you manage this afternoon?". While I hadn't anticipated that, I agreed.
              So we went to the plane, started the checks (took longer, as the cockpit is more extensive and unfamiliar) and took off. First some manoeuvres in flight (stalls, turns, autopilot), then a number of landings (including simulated engine failure on take off and other simulated emergencies). Everything went perfect, so now I can also fly the Piper Archer PA-28!
              And man, what a plane: so much more power! Superb!

Now I can truly start some longer distance flights... :-)

Jorg

I've got another solution. A couple tons of Semtex that will keep you in orbit for a while. You'll need a bit shielding but that will cost you more than the dodgy guys you ask for the explosive in the first place.

Alternatively you can eat beans for 12 months and we'll see you when you land.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Tjalfe View Post
                congratulations
                so what kind of plane is next? lear jet?

Congratulations!!!

I think the next thing is the YF-22

Comment

Working...
                X